Saturday, February 11, 2006

Internet Innovation #1: One Red Paper Clip Away From A House...



"I am making a series of up-trades for bigger or better things up to my goal of a house. I started with one red paperclip on July 12th, 2005..." fantasizes Kyle MacDonald on his blog One Red Paper Clip.

Snipehunter extraordinairre that he is, however, Kyle then proceeded to exchange that red paper clip with Rawnie and Corinna for a fish pen which was exchanged with Annie for a doorknob that Shawn saw and then bartered with Shawn for a coleman stove that was then swapped with Sgt. David J. for a red generator...

As of this writing, Kyle is now in possession of a cube truck and he's entertaining all offers for the next trade up, but suffice it to say the trades are getting a bit trickier. On February 5th he posted...
**Also** please remember that I have NO MONEY to put towards these trades. I do not have funding to move giant objects from place to place. It's barter - straight up. I am sometimes able to travel from place to place when I work for my part time job at Table Shox, but cube vans and snowmobiles don't exactly fit into carry-on luggage, so bringing objects with me isn't really an option like it was when I was moving doorknobs and fish pens. I haven't spent a cent so far, and this is a good thing, because I have literally zero dollars to put towards this project. Unless I win the lottery or find a bunch of money under a rock, I probably won't ever have a cent to spend on one red paperclip...
I understand Kyle's predicament may not cut as close to the heart as Britney's, but if you happen to have a spare house or two lying around...


TECHNORATI TAGS :: ::

No comments: